confessions

Guys guys, I did not have any other class of people to share this with, so here i am putting down my emotions afresh. Day before yesterday i spoke to my dad about my stammering and its root cause. Not that i did not talk about it earlier. but yesterday was special because during our course of discussion, he confessed that he thought he was the culprit who perpetuated stammer in me in my younger days. He held himself responsible for my plight with speech. And i could see that remorse and low tone of voice when he said that. I immediately put my foot down and said assertively that he does not have to blame himself for my speech. I clarified lot of things before my family members. Some say: “why are we even discussing about stammering, chinni (my pet name) talks just perfectly”. To which i say: “that’s because i am a covert PWS”. But anyway, all said and done, stammering will always be something special which i can relate to, and others will feel that it’s just a passing phenomenon. Sometimes i take strength in the fact that I am just lucky to have just stammer, people have worse disabilities to live with. So people, please count your blessings everyday and be happy for what you are. Mom’s calling for breakfast, catch up with you later 🙂

bye till then.

Wonderful- educating our own family members is such a difficult task- and yet, this is the very first step before we think of dealing with outside world.. But if you persist, one day it would become easy. And in the process we do become much more "integrated" human beings..We become one individual rather than 2-3 "selfs" based on fluency, based on what we think of ourselves and what we think world thinks about us..
    Manohar, you are a good role model of enterprise!

Manohar, you are on the right path 🙂 . There is no point in giving a two hour talk on acceptance to general public if we can't talk to our family members about it..I know its not easy but its necessary..I see people running AIDS awareness program but never educated their own family members. Good luck buddy and you are a role model for a lot of us!

thanks to both of you for standing by me each time 🙂

4. Vaibhav Talegaonkar 7 years ago

Hi Manohar
    Thanks for sharing ur emotions.When i met first time with Sir at Pune.He asked me Did u tell ur parents regarding this visit & i said no.He immediately said do call ur mother & tell her.I told my mother & after that i felt relief in my mind.

Moral of the story is that Before talking to anyone else we should talk to our family first.

Thanks & all the best 🙂

oooo
    well done Manohar.

great example of acceptance and courage..i think u have melted the
    ice untouched since years..congratulation

Gr8 manohar by taking courage to speak with ur parents.
    Its really a difficult task.
    I know.