After every workshop, we take written and oral feedback from the participants. Here is a feedback report from our last workshop (22nd – 24th April 2011 ) in Goa.
Almost all the participants attended all the days and everyone rated it very well for various criteria under “usefulness to You”. e.g. Help with practical techniques, chance to confront your fears, chance to talk/present to a group etc. Most of the people like voluntary stuttering, bouncing, stuttering interviews with strangers in a shopping mall and the session by Dr Farida. Under non stammering benefits everyone wrote about a chance to meet new and great people! Almost everyone was happy with logistics, timing of the workshop, its content and structuring, use of AV aids. A few of the participants wanted it to be a four or five day event for future. When being asked about when would they like to attend a similar workshop, most of them answered – 3 months.
A few important things to be noted by the organisers and facilitators are :
1. Advertise very clearly about the language to be used for communication during the whole event. One participant rated the workshop low on a few points as he was not very comfotable with English, while at the same time two participants were not comfortable with hindi.
2. Better utilisation of people who have already attended such workshops by either using them as resource person or having a few challenging activities for them as a continuity from the last workshop.
3. Having some phone based activity as some of us are quite afraid of using phone.
4. Making sure that particpants reach on time and the workshop is started on time everyday.
5. Don’t give all the handouts on day one and share briefly about the idea behind each handout while ditributing it!
6. Share the agenda for the day at the start
7. At the end of each day, keep some time specifically for personal/one to one counselling