Update- Communication workshop, Herbertpur (19-21 Apri 13)

List of all Participants, who attended herbertpur april 13 comm.workshop

Logistics update:
Hotel Kailash has a marriage party booking for just one night (20th April). Hemant has made alternative arrangements in the same hotel for that one day. But if any problem, dont hesitate to see other hotels close by: Hotel Vaibhav (near Lehman Hospital turn)- 9897442659; Hotel Guru Kripa- 09412050922, 01360- 252724, 01360- 252459

Agenda:

Venue: Anugrah, Herbertpur
Christian Hospital (meeting room- top floor)
Day 1 (19th April)
9.30 -11.30 am:
Intro Marathan;
Sharing of ground rules;
Choose practice partner
Discussion on expectations
Follow up support (How can
we help each other after workshop?); Tea
11.30- 1 pm: Introduction
to and small group practice of Eye contact, Cancellation and
Stretching (prolongation) techniques

1-2 : Lunch
2-3 pm: Introduction to
and small group practice of Bouncing and Pausing techniques
3-5 pm: Mutual Stammering
Interviews using learned techniques;
5-6 pm: Voluntary
stuttering round; Feedback and dispersal.
Evening: Visit to Assan
lake 5 km away, if time permits (discussion on NC 2013- time and
place).
Day 2 (20th April)
5 am -6.30 am: Breathing,
some simple stretching exercises followed by guided meditation
9.30 am -11 am: Recap
Block corrections (pre,
in, post)- discussion & group practice; Tea
11.30 – 1 pm:
Interaction with DHA students (if possible)
2-3 pm : “Phone a
Friend” exercise in dyads (two), video recording while phoning –
and quick review/ analysis on laptop- in four small groups.
3-4
pm: Role of EFT, Vipassana, Brahma Vidya, AOL, Toast Master etc.
4-6 pm: Mini presentations
(5 minutes each) in 3 small groups on a topic of choice or expertise,
using techniques; Feedback and dispersal by 6.30 pm.
Day 3 (21st April)
5 am-6.30 am: Meditation;
Voluntary stuttering (technique and logic) followed by feedback
session
9.30-11.30 am: Discussion
on AHJ
Role of humor in recovery-
share a joke round.
Role of writing in
recovery. Tea
11.30 am – 1 pm : Recap
of basic techniques by participants. Post workshop plans
(Individual).
2-5 pm: open session for
Q&A; exchange master contact list.
5-6 pm: In the market,
Voluntary stammering with strangers. Followed by a treat!
9.30- 10.30 pm: Night
group meditation.
Contact for any help
or query: Pawan:
9410187425. Surendra – 9456112294. Hemant – 7589423371 Sachin :
9412058272, 8126558159; Hotel Kailash: 8126036070, 7895822670.
Local
Taxi (Van): Sanjay- 8755437382; Sharad / Nitin : 9927154289,
9897134154

Reaching Vikasnagar: Taxi stand is just out side Dehradun railway station; a car (5 people) for Vikasnagar (Hotel Kailash) will cost about Rs 800-900. Share your phone numbers in the comment section below- coordinate your arrival and share a car. Otherwise, from outside of Railway station you can get sharing auto or mini bus for Prem Nagar , and from prem nagar , so many buses available for vikash nagar every moment or  you can take an auto from Dehradun Railway station to ISBT (Bus stand) ( or ) for Rs 80-100.
From ISBT, you will get many buses going to Vikasnagar. Any bus going to Chandigarh, Paonta Sahib, Nahan, Shimla, Chakrata- is very likely to pass through Herbertpur / Vikasnagar. If you are dropped off at Herbertpur, take a cab, Rickshaw or a bus to Hotel Kailash, just 2 km away. If stuck, phone Pawan: 9410187425. Surendra – 9456112294
Home work: Before you arrive, please send your brief bio to Hemant, to be put up on this blog (we will leave out personally identifiable information- dont worry) and submit 5 questions, AFTER reading AHJ. We will be using AHJ as a course book for the workshop..
Stay in Vikasnagar: Please go to Hotel Kailash (on the main road, on right hand side- 1 km before Vikasnagar market), Charges are Rs 350 per day for a double bedroom (can be shared by 2-3 people). Contact: 8126036070, 7895822670. Next morning (19th April), try and reach Anugrah in Lehman Hospital, by 9 am sharp. It is walking distance from Hotel Kailash. Thank you!

TISA is organising a 3 day free Communication workshop at
Herbertpur (near Dehradun) from 19th April to 21st April 2013.

19th April Ram-Navami (national
holiday)
20th April Saturday
21st April Sunday
The workshop is free of charge. The costs for
board-lodging and food will be born by the participant, which is around 400/- per Day (lesser if hotel room shared etc.).
Venue of workshop : Anugrah, Center for children with
special needs, Inside
the Lehman hospital compound, Herbertpur, Near Dehradun
workshop timing:          9am
to 5pm
Herbertpur, a very small town, is on Dehradun-Chandigarh
highway (NH72), 40 km from Dehradun, near Paonta Sahib (just 12 km away).
Participants can reach herbertpur by road from Chandigarh(via Nahan) and as
well as from Jagadhari, haryana. or by train via Dehradun. for more detail
about How to reach Herbertpur? click URL

The workshop is based on CALMS approach and shares four basic techniques documented by Peter Reitzes. The content and structure of these workshops can be browsed in these two old reports:

It will be very helpful for you to come prepared after browsing this free self-help manual specifically deveoped for the participants:

Please mail to Hemant (below) to indicate that you
are attending this workshop, as soon as possible (with copy to sachin). Number of participants in such workshops is limited to maximum 20, so please register early.
Hemant Kumar :                    janhem1008@gmail.com
Dr.Sachin                              satksri@gmail.com

Note : Participents are requested to inform by mail or call, on which date & time, they are reaching to Herbertpur.

1. Vishal Gupta 5 years ago

yahooooooooooo I m coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to meet with u all.. and specially with Sachin sir…

Thanks Hemant! It is a big help when some participants take the charge of organising an event like this- especially the old students.. It is a huge help!
    Thank you once again.. ( I will start my preparation now)

I am coming to attend amd learn.

4. dr vijay singh 5 years ago

I AM COMING

thanks for organizing a wonderful TISA event again. I hope we will enjoy it more than before. good luck!!

6. Unknown 5 years ago

I am coming and want to meet Sachin Sir.

7. premdeep singh 5 years ago

I am coming too for sure to meet you peoples

में भी सोच रही हू |

anonymus (?) & unknown (?), dr.
    Vijay, er. Umesh, premdeep & Jasbir ji most welcome for workshop. I am also eager to meet all of you.

Probably…I am coming too.
    I would come by my personal car…anyone living near delhi, noida, or in NCR region can accompany me..I can accomodate..3 to 4 person with me..only you need to compensate me for the fuel…:).

Anyone interested can call me at 8860426771.
    Or mail me kishore.bisht1987@gmail.com.

Regards
    Kishore Bisht

P.S – it would be my second workshop 4 year after the first inaugural workshope in 2009.

11. Vishal Gupta 5 years ago

sure Kishore.. booked my seat in ur car

मै भी आ रहा हू
    अनिल गुहार

Dear Kishore- warm welcome! But come prepared to take couple of sessions to teach what you have learned in last 4 years..
    Drive carefully and safely.

me bhi is muhim me shamil hona chahta hu, tisa ke liye bahut kuch karna chahta hu kyoki me bhi haklata hu

15. Vijay Kumar 5 years ago

i am very happy

16. Vijay Kumar 5 years ago

i am very happy for this workshop . mian bhee koshish karunga aane kee.
    vijay kumar

17. Ravi Prajapati 5 years ago

Mera bhi man kar raha hai. but, i will not get leaves from my office.

18. Ram Rajput 5 years ago

i com harbatpur

19. Ram Rajput 5 years ago

I AM COMMING

20. asad iqbal 5 years ago

i am coming…

Dr. Anil can you please give your phone no. I want to speak.

Dear sachin sir
    Most probably I wii be coming.
    kshitiz

Dear sachin sir
    Most probably I will be coming

हेमंत, मैं 19 अप्रैल को सुबह 8 बजे देहरादून पंहुच रहा हूँ, मसूरी एक्सप्रेस से… वहां से हर्बर्टपुर पंहुचकर वर्कशॉप पर टाइम से पंहुचने में थोडा देर हो सकती है, माफ़ किजिएगा। मैं वर्कशॉप से पहले दिन लेट पंहुच पाउँगा।

thanks amit for informing this.
    I request to other participant also to inform- WHEN THEY ARE REACHING DEHRADUN ??
    It will be helpful for new participants who are reaching first time. They can communicate each other, if their arrival time will be same and come together from dehradun to herbertpur

I am reaching DEHRADUN on 18april at 9:30am. If anybody reaching on same date & approx same time, can call me on 07589423371 to travel dehradun to herbertpur journey (40km) together.

टीसा बहुत अच्छी समाज सेवा कर रही है, फिर भी वहा पर वो आधारभूत संरचना नहीं है, जो आने वाले लोगो को मिलनी चाहिए,जैसे रात को सोने के लिए रूम,फ़ूड इट्स|
    ये तो हो गयी समस्या पर बात, जब समस्या हो तो हमें समस्या का रोना नहीं रोना चाहिए,बल्कि उसका समाधान ढूँढना चाहिए,और इसका एक उपाय मुझे दिख पड़ता है की,देखो सरकार समाज के उन्नति के लिए बहुत मदद दे रही है,तो हमें भी(टीसा)सरकार के पास जाकर प्रूफ करना चाहिए की हम PWS (people who stammer) की बहुत मदद कर रहे है, और इसका बहुत फायदा भी हो रहा है, अगर सरकार के तरफ से फंड या ग्रांट मिले तो हम पि डव्लू एस की बहुत मदद कर पाएंगे,और इसे देश भर में फैला पाएंगे|
    अनिल गुहार

अनिल गुहार

I am sure you all will be having a wonderful time with Sachin ji and other friends in the nice nature of Herbertpur.
    Attending Workshops of TISA will help you change the way you look at stammering and we all experienced it last year in Hyderabad.
    Thanks Sachin ji.
    Regards !

30. Bhaskar 5 years ago

I am Bhaskar form Hyderabad. I will be reaching to Dehradun by 7 PM on 18th April. Is there anybody leaving at around the same from Dehradun to Herbertpur so that i can also join with u……

I shall be reaching Herbertpur on 19th around noon by road from chandigarh.

32. Mayank Harjika 5 years ago
  33. Mayank Harjika 5 years ago

I am reaching to dehradun from delhi on 19th April 2013 early morning around 5:40 am by NDLS DDN AC EXPRESS .If anybody reaching on same date & approx same time, can call me 09910869365 to travel dehradun to herbertpur journey (40km) together.

34. Mayank Harjika 5 years ago

Bcoz of ram navmi puja in home i will reach dehradun on 19th April at 9:10 pm by DDN JANSHATABDI coming from delhi. If any body coming from same train plz contact me Mob – 9910869365 journey will become more interesting and enjoyable.

Great job Sachin & co.
    Unfortunately can't make it to Hebertpur, but best wishes.

For the new comers, I am sure this experience will leave an indelible mark!!

36. subodh singh 5 years ago

I and Dr Vijay also coming….. I reach dehradun station on 19th morning at 7.10……!!!!!

37. akki.... 5 years ago

Hi everyone…..i hope you all are doing well. U all should attend this workshop. In this context,i want to share with all of you one of my personnel experience. So far i have approached around eight members of speech therapists in various places. For each one of them i paid around Rs.1000 (which includes OP and one one hour section). So total i have spent around Rs. 8,000. But all of them taught me only one technique i.e speak slowly and prolong each word. This technique cold not helped in the long term. As we all know that it is very difficult to get rid of stammering within a short period unless we should have a determination. One thing that i have experienced, practicing this technique with nonPWS people is inconvenience whereas with PWS people it is very easy to practice. This can only be possible with SHGs and workshop (on communication). We all have a great time ahead…see all at workshop.

Amazing! So much of PWS will be attending this workshop. Thanks to Sachin for his tireless work for so many years without expecting any returns from anybody. First of all hats off to him for arranging this workshop. Then my best wishes to all the participants and request to learn as many thing as possible. The best one is try to be with sachin as long as possible. You learn many things from him which will be very useful for our life. This I could not write in words but only to be experienced.

Myself alongwith Anupinder Singh, Dr. Tejpal and Ishan are reaching the workshop venue around 11 AM on 19.04.2013 by road from Chandigarh.
    Very eager to meet all the participants.

Some participants have reached or will reach today evening at herbertpur after travelling a very long distance (Andhra Pradesh and maharastra). Hats off for them

41. Mayank Harjika 5 years ago

Very excited to meet Sachin Sir. Thnx and congrats to Sachin Sir who is doing great work without expecting anything from us. Hats off to u.

42. Mayank Harjika 5 years ago

Amit Singh Kushwah plz give me ur mobile no. I am also coming in same train from delhi. My mobile no is 9910869365.

9300939758- I think, Amit will be carrying this number..