This is meeting report of Goa SHG meeting happened on Dec 15.
In this meeting, we finalized the fix meeting agenda for future meetings. According to the fixed agenda, everyone has to play a role like toastmasters’ meetings. Following are the activities to be performed in our future meetings:
- Exercises/ Prepared speeches: It’s objective is to give chance to PWS to practice exercises of “Apna hath Jaggannath” and get the valuable feedback from respective evaluator. If any day, 2 speakers are performing exercises, then there will be 2 evaluators who will focus on giving them very useful feedback for improvement.
- Innovative Group activities: It’s objective is to give chance to PWS to practice group activities, e.g. voluntary stuttering etc.
- Extempore speaking in the situations in which PWS usually stammers: It’s objective is to give chance to PWS to speak in the situations in which they stammer in real life, and behave like real world, and then evaluators will give the true and valuable feedback. E.g. If someone has the problem in asking for tickets in bus, then he has to perform that role, if someone has the problem in facing interview, then he has to perform that role and get valuable feedback from respective evaluator.
- Apart from the above activities, following roles also would be there in the meetings and role players will change in every meeting:
- There will be a person who will host the meeting, we will call him, “Stammerer of the day”.
- There will be a person who will observe the secondary symptoms of every person.
- Introduction: People in the meeting were Harish Usgaonker, Dnyanesh Kenkare, Rajesh Kenkare, Rahul Dessai, and Prabhjot.
- Voluntary stuttering on extempore topics.
- Group discussion on topic “Should AAP form the Govt. or go for hung assembly?”