- Meeting other stammerers.
- Encouragement from other stammerers.
- Knowing you are not alone.
- Hearing of other therapies and seeing them in use.
- Talking about your therapy and practicing it.
- Generally exchanging ideas.
- Being able to address several people, up to the whole group.
- Gaining more confidence in speaking and social situations.
- Having people to practice with the telephone.
- Engaging in role play (Interviews etc).
- If the group is set up for ‘exchanging jobs around the group’, experience in carrying out new job functions.
- Starting or continuing to desensitize you by stammering freely, until you switch in to ‘speaking tools’ mode.
- With luck, easy access at meetings to a trained and / or under training Speech Language professional.
- Equal voice in shaping the direction of the group.
- Possibility of asking for talks from professionals.
- Occasional meetings with other groups.
- Inviting others (employers / police / government representatives etc.) to meetings to hear first
hand about your problems and how you cope.
- Inviting local media to see and hear your experiences.
- All these things will build your own self image, and start to deal with emotional baggage many stammerers have.
- The meetings can be both fun and enjoyable, with you enjoying speaking.
Harish Usgaonker, , Uncategorized, free speech therapy for stammering, Hyderabad, stammering help, stop stammering, stop stuttering, stuttering help, 0
Hello Friends, You are welcome to THE INDIAN STAMMERING ASSOCIATION SHG meetings.These meetings will make you know what stammering is about...
- Sunday October 21st 2018“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” … more
9823211467 (Harish), 9930693364 (Dhruv)