Delhi SHG meeting held at Jantar Mantar on 28th Aug. As it was an outdoor meeting, we had liberty to schedule the time as per our convenience and any number of participants could come. We were around 15(a good number).
It was hosted by Vikas Ranga and Anshul Saini.
Below were the activities done at meeting:
1. Meditation: Observing our breath. Vikas told that how this form of meditation is similar to stammering in one way. When we observe our breathing then many times our mind goes somewhere else. It comes and goes. It happens with everyone and is perfectly fine. Same is the case of stammering. It goes and comes. Sometimes we are fluent, sometimes not. So meditation teaches us that stammering is also part of our speech and should be accepted. It was a very philosophical correlation by Vikas.
2. Introduction and target for the meeting.
3. Prepared speech: As earlier there were few people who had prepared for a topic. Lets be more involved in this activity in future.
4. Impromptu speech: Amit is learning singing. Apart from speech, we requested him to sing. He sung really well.
5. Call practice to invite for NC Goa: Everyone was given a unique contact number of a PWS. We have to invite them for Goa NC. Everyone took initiative and talked on phone for a considerable time. No one made shortcut it that. Kudos to everyone on that!!!!!!
|Call Practice for NC|
Special mention of Anshul. It was his first meeting as a host and he did it really well. He had made posters to remind the participants about basic things like use of techniques, smile, hand gestures etc. Very nice idea.
Lets hope our meeting grow in number as well as experience in coming days.
Thanks and regards