After a long time, the Patna shg meeting is started. Although from last two weeks, we are conducting our meeting with 3-4 regular members but due to unavailability of access to this new site, I am unable to post.
So here we go,
Yesterday meeting is being conducted at the Children’s park with 3 regular members and 1 new member- Rishikesh, Sanjay and Mohit (Me) and new member Dara Shikoh. The meeting started with old member and later, after 30 minutes, Dara has joined our meeting.
The key point which we discussed are as follows-
- For a few days, I am feeling hurriness in my speech due to the working on my brother’s marriage. So I slowed down my speech rate with my techniques.
- We all did 5 minute breathing exercise with inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
- We also came to the conclusion that not just the motivation works, the proper action is also required to manage our stammering.
- Later on when Dara has joined, we started the introduction round one by one.
- Due to unavailable of the members, we are unable to discuss the strategies to start stammering awareness campaign from all over Bihar and Patna. On next Sunday, we will discuss on the plans through which we can meet more stammer from various schools and colleges.
Background of Dara Shikoh-
Dara is an engineering student passed out from Bangalore. He is basically from Supaul but living in Patna for the competition preparations. He has taken the speech therapy from Partha Baghji (Bang.) one year back. He is quite energetic and passionate person. He’s feedback after attending this first meeting is positive and we hope for his regular presence in our SHG weekly meeting.
By the way, Finally our identity is being recognized by the Government of India on 14 December 2016 by adding speech and learning disorder to the Disability Act 2016.. So Congratulations to all stammer friends and TISA. I think TISA needs to Congrats our Government in proper letter pad of TISA