विपश्यना …. let’s break this word for better understanding. वि-विशेष पश्यना-देखना (विशेष रूप से देखना )..but it doesn’t mean to imagine while observing on other hands it does mean to observe reality as it is… without any imagination…
Recently I completed my first Vipassana course.
Centre Name: Dhamma Vahini
Address: Runde Village, Titwala, Maharashtra 421605
Date Of Course: 15 July’17 to 26 July’17
It was 10 days course. Center is 6 Km away from Titwala station and one easily can get sharing auto for Dhamma-Vahini (Rs. 50 per seat). I reached the center at around 3.30 PM. The registration process has already been started from 2.00 PM.One need to have ID proof photocopy along with original ID. I submitted documents and mobile phone, they allotted room to me. I kept luggage in my room. We all have been instructed to gather in the hall for meeting and snacks. They told us rules and timetable to be followed for following 10 days.(All rules and timetable available on site)
Day 0:(15 July’17)
Gave Instruction about next day.
Day 1 to Day 3 :
Aanapan (Keeping keen attention to your breath.)
Daily we all were doing Sadhana for 10 hrs and 1.30 hr discourse by late S.N.Goenka. So it was painful initially. In case you have any back issue they can provide you a chair on request.
Day 4 (Vipassana Day) to Day 9:
On 4th day they taught us Vipassana.Til day 9 we all were practicing Vipassana. From day 5 it becomes easy to sit for 12 hrs.
Day 10 (Maitri Day):
They taught us new Sadhana Mangal Maitri sadhana. The silence was broke after Mangal Matri.We get our mobile phone at 4.30 PM and it was useless cause there was no signal rather you will end up staring at your phone.
we were surprised to know that day 11 will start at 4.30 AM. 4.30 AM to 6.30AM prayer and discourse. After we had our breakfast and we left towards our home.
Below answering few common queries one may ask before Vipassana:
- What are basic requirements for joining Vipassana?
- only your mindset.
- what kind of food has been served?
- the food was really good, healthy.
- How much does it cost?
- it’s free
- Why is it free?
- They really have a valid reason for that. In India, people got mindset if the thing is costly it must be good if it is not so costly it must not be worthy.Please do visit center before assuming anything.
- What type of accommodation will they provide single or sharing basis?
- At Dhamma-Vahini most of the rooms were single and some were double sharing basis. Rooms were clean and all essential amenities were available.
- I am on medication need food at evening in order to take medicine, can I still join the course?
- yes, you can. They will provide you food, you will just need to talk with the teacher over there.
- is it safe for girls? (most common question by parents)
- yes, it is safe.
- what are rules? And time table?
- All the rules and time table is available on the site.
- what is Vipassana?
- It’s really impossible to explain what it is and I just has completed my first vipassana course so I am not a right person to tell what Vipassana is.
- In order to keep vipassana pure Dhamma center is using Audio and Video of S.N.Goenkaji to teach vipassana.So that no one can add anything extra. Being human being as we tend to apply Mirch-Masala. :P.. so if you are really interested please search S.N.Goenka Vipassana over youtube you will get many interviews of him. check them.
- which religion does it belong?
- it doesn’t symbolize any religion.
- which center should I join for vipassana?
- You can join any center as the core content (audio and video by S.N.Goenka ji)is same at each place.
- why should I do this?
- who doesn’t want to be happy in life? Vipassana can give you a reason for that and it will definitely change your view towards life.
- Will it cure my stammering?
- I kept this question in last intentionally cause we give too much importance to our stammering we should stop doing that and should try to focus on other things too.
- Vipassana is much much more than curing anything.
- It is not really related to stammering directly. But Vipassana will definitely help you to accept yourself as you are without shame or guilt.
- Vipassana will help to keep your mind calm and stable.
(Above are the questions asked by people to me after completing Vipassana course )
I will like to share an incident after Vipassana, I was in Big Bazaar, was at the cash counter. The person asked me if I am having the card. Then that was the worst time he asked me my number. generally, I stammer like hell on numbers and if it’s my mobile number then it’s miserable. But on that day I told my number calmly ,with proper break. My mind was cool, my heart beats were normal cause generally we people tend to have high heart beat, an unstable mind. indirectly Vipassana can help you to manage your stammer by helping you to manage not manage to accept your emotions. Even Vipassna believes in acceptance. :)…..
…………………. Be Happy..