Testimonials!

After some request, my partner Marian, wrote something for TISA some time back; I wondered if I should share it with our friends and readers.. It took me sometime to decide in favour of sharing! So, here it goes:

“In the course of a long life lived with two stammerers, it is only now in the past year that I have come to know and realise the traumatic effect this diffciulty with words has on people who stammer, and in many cases the inability to communicate their true feelings of frustration, low self esteem, emotional insecurity and other negatives, to even those nearest to them, can lead to strained and even broken relationships- and in some cases tend to alcohol and drug abuse.

Being closely associated with this stammerer, who only now has been given the courage to acknowledge his disability, has opened the doors and windows wide to a new world of empathy, peace and understanding.

For me personally, though not a stammerer, it is an ongoing amazing, even exciting journey to see so many previously desperate lives take on strength and confidence. Sharing these few thoughts with other wives, husbands, siblings, friends and compoanions of stammerers- my hope is that they too will find the love and understanding that is needed to help these , in most cases, very gifted and lovable people…”

@sachin. lucky you 🙂

it's always a pleasure to know the opinions of normal speakers, and to discover that it's OK to stammer 🙂

thanks Sachin for sharing :o)

Dr.Sachin, You opened a new gate for stammerers. Thanks.

It's very encouraging to read this… especially at a time when I am stepping into marriage in a month's time 🙂

It has always been a pleasure to talk to Marian aunty ji with her total acceptance of me as a person and her patience to listen to so many of us who visit her (both stammers and people who can't stammer 🙂 ). And how can I forget her sense of humour. Thanks Aunty ji.

Thanks JP, Sujit, Manohar, Harish and Mani for your encouragement!
    I felt it is time that we encourage people in our lives to share their thoughts, feeling, frustrations and joys..Time for total 360 degree communication!
    I shared the idea with Marian and she jumped on it.. I am hoping that more people will follow this 'road less travelled'..

7. Akash 9 years ago

Great! I think family members are important stakeholders in PWS life and PWS often misunderstand them thinking they don't understand anything about stammering. How much do PWS themselves understand? Involving family members in our movement can sometimes provide fresh insights.

8. Vijay 9 years ago

thank sir bahut din ke baad madam ke darshan huye. i miss you.