Wish you a verry Happy , Healthy & Prosperous 2011,
On 02.01.2011 very cold and breezy afternoon at 2 pm, Mr. Mohit, Mr. Dhruv, Mr. Varun, myself and a new member Mr. Amarjit singh (from left to right in pic.) met for the first meet the year in sector 33 park chandigarh and did the following activities:
1. First we welcomed our new member Sh. Amarjit Singh who is happily married and having two kids. He works with Hind Motors. He has worked a lot on the problem and has overcome the handicapcy to a great extent with self efforts . However the need to accept the problem from heart was explained to him with the logic behind it.
2. We started the meet with laughter session followed with relaxation exercises to calm down our brain & speech organs.
3. We greeted each other with new year wishes and took resolution of the year to work towards becoming a better communicator and to help at least one person in our respective area to overcome this handicapcy. In return we get immense satisfaction which helps in overcoming our problem.
4. We discussed the interview given by the former international cricketer, well known commentator and BJP MP from Amritsar, Sh. Navjot Singh Sidhu to Sh. Ramaninder K Bhatia which appeared in the Times of India dated 02.01.2011, where he tells that as a child he was very shy. So shy that he fainted when he was told to tell students at his school assembly to disperse. He further said that he was so shy that the announcement of a declamation contest in school would force him to stay home to avoid the event. He overcome his shyness with meditation, breathing exercises, hardwork and by challenging the problem. Today his oratory expertise are in front of us. The message was that with hard work and challenging the problem, any handicapcy can be overcome.
5. We deliberated on the theme of the day :
“ EXPANDING YOUR VISION”
i.e. focusing just on stammering narrows our vision of life. If we see the bigger picture than the stammering begins to feel less and less significant.
6. As suggested by Mr. Dhruv, each one of us gave self introduction and also of others in group in voluntary stuttering method.
7. Mr. Dhruv also introduced OM game, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. As per rule, we had to count numbers starting from 1 by one member, 2 by second member and so on but in place of numbers 3 & 5, multiples of 3 & 5 and the numbers ending with 3 & 5, we had to say OM, instead of the number. It was a good brain exercise and Dhruv was the winner.
8. At the end we had laugher session.
9. We dispersed after hot tea and bread pakoras – courtesy Mr. Amarjit Singh. We promised to meet next week.