- Then say your name with the following:
- Few slow bounces
- Many slow bounces
- Clean Block
- Eye Contact
- Lots of hand gestures
- Hands folded behind back
At the beginning of the SHG, some students from G N Khalsa College interviewed all of us for a project on stammering. They will be making a video and will share it with us.
We started the meeting with: Rounds of Introduction (15 mins)
Say your name
– Break up into groups of 3
– Share what skills and qualities you have – (1.5 min / person) Rules: only one person speaking at at time. Facilitator will call out “change” after 1.5 mins.
– Next, write down individually, the skills and positive qualities you have (5 mins)
– Now, Choose 5 skills / qualities and write down a success story/example for each (10 mins)
– Next, Pretend you are the employer and write a list of up to 10 questions that might be asked during the interview (5 mins). Rules: 1) Think about a job you want to apply for. 2) Avoid questions that can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no.” Use open-ended questions like, give me an example, tell me about a time…keep you stories in mind.
– In the same groups, one person will be the interviewee. That person gives their notebook with questions to a group member, and their phone to the other group member. That group member with the notebook is now the interviewer/employer. The third person will record a video; imagine the third person is not there. (15 mins x 3 = 45 mins)
– Find a quiet place and watch your videos. What did you answer to the questions? Take notes on your content? Can you improve the content of your answers? (15 mins)
Next week – Sunday Sep 4: Vishal is host and Praveen is co-host. They will be leading us in an outdoor activity!