First of all , i will give my small introduction. My name is Ramandeep singh and i belong to a village in sriganganagar district of Rajasthan. I was defending my stammering since my school days and right now i am attacking my stammering after meeting with sachin sir.
I planned to meet with sachin sir 2 months back. Actually i was connected with TISA DELHI SHG for last 1 year but i was not regular and apart from this , I wanted to go to root of this problem and for this i have to meet with ROOT of TISA i.e. Sachin sir. So i went herbertpur for three days (12,13,14th dec). After reaching at herbertpur , i met with sachin sir. In these three days we did many activities for demolishing fear , learning techniques and gathering confidence to communicate in proper way.
- one to one talk – i had to give my introduction to many girls and boys one by one . In this activity , i learnt difference between a good speaker and a good communicator – so i decided to become a good communicator not only a good speaker. The effect of techniques was also learnt by me in this activity i.e. b_b_b_bouncing , pppprroolongation , pausing and voluntary stammering.
- discussion with sachin sir and Gambhir singh( another PWS) – here i learnt empty chair techniques to remove all my old memories related to stammering which is root cause of this problem.
- watching my own video -sir recorded above 2 activities in my mobile and at night i watched myself . Here i realized that if we use techniques properly instead of struggling we can easily become a good communicator.
- most fantastic part – tracking – next day (13th) – we went for tracking – here i learnt some life changing lessons which i will try to share in my next posts. i watched the beauty of life which we are ignoring right now due to this stammering problem.
- writing thoughts – after coming to base camp i.e. herbertpur – at night i decided to write down all my learning so that i will remember it for long time. Because we often forget listening things after some days so it is always better to note down all the good things and experiences
- one to one talk – 14th dec – next day we went to nearby nursing school , where i had to talk with some nursing students one to one and sir recorded our chat . here i learnt some important rules for good communication (i’ll share in some other post )
- crowd handling – my most favorite and thrilling part … i had to speak in opd in front of my patients . i enjoyed it in a great way. here i realized that talking to one person and talking to crowd is almost same and we have to focus on eye contact and some ground techniques . That’s all.
- Teaching others – Now i was master and i had to teach all the rules and techniques to another PWS . I enjoyed it very much. I was very excited to share all my learning with fellow man. and i did that .
Now it was time to come back to delhi and apply all my learning in real life so that i will achieve my goal of becoming a good communicator as well as a good speaker.
And one thing that sachin sir told me during this meet ” Dekhte hain iss jatt ka kaleja kitna majboot hai” – let’s see how much strong my heart is …. Really overcoming stammering needs a brave heart…not only sharp mind…
Being Lion….Raman Maan…Signing off…See you at my next post.