Dates: April 1 – 29 (4 weeks)
Time Commitment: 3 hours per week + SHG Meeting
- Participants must be based in Pune
- Can attend Pune SHG in-person on Sunday’s between April 1 – 29.
- Preference will be given to first timers, under 30 years
- Good knowledge of English
Content: We will be exploring:
- What stammering is (medical, social, psychological perspectives)
- Basic concepts and issues: Fluency versus communication; Cure versus Management; Acceptance Vs Giving up; Paid programs Vs Self-help.
- What is self-help? Philosophical and historical roots.
- Some popular self-help approaches
- Road map exercise – path to recovery.
- DIY assignments.
- Google hangouts: to practice the four basic techniques (Bouncing, Prolongation, Pausing, Voluntary stammering) plus anything else that may come up for discussion.
Methodology: Online discussion, self-video/audio recording, Q & A, MCQs for self-assessment, Collaborative reading of texts like “My Silent Pause” etc.
Faculty: Dhruv Gupta, Abhinav Bakshi, Vipul Patil, Noura Embabi, and other visiting TISA faculty may join like Dr. Satyendra Srivastava and Harish Usgaonker
Course Designer: Dr. Satyendra Srivastava
How to Enroll:
- Make an intro video (5- 10 minutes) about yourself, put it up on youtube and give us the link; The video need not be technically perfect. It can be something like this: https://youtu.be/UrFYPEaV7_I
- Read this paper and write a 500 words summary in your own words: http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/isad12/papers/loriente12.html . This is to test your English comprehension and written communication, as this course will be taught in English.
- Fill this Form: https://goo.gl/forms/ReC52g6UegPB0YL03
Last date for Enrollment: March 30
Feel free to leave a comment here with any questions, or contact Dhruv 9930693364 on whatsapp.
Pune SHG Online Course 1 Team 🙂